Write cohesive and comprehensive content on a topic
Write your first blog post on any topic, in any style with the right amount of length.
Tips on getting started blogging. We have left out the techie detail so you can get your post done and launched.
Purpose of your Blog – what will it solve?
What is the Purpose – what problem/question will it solve?
Writing your First Blog should describe the idea or goal
Decide on the audience. Who will this be written for? [see: Avatars” below]
Decide on the type of blog post. [Lists, How-to’s, Reviews, Expert Highlights, Guide]
Write a title. You need to do your Keyword research on this. [Include your Hook]
Choose keywords for the copy of the blog. [Include your Hook- see below]
1 This blog post is for parents of babies who – don’t sleep [the PROBLEM]
2 I want to teach them how to sleep better and faster. – [The Idea or Goal]
3 The audience is parents who want their babies to sleep well. – [AUDIENCE]
4 I will deliver the blog post in a list format. [TYPE of BLOG]
The type of blog post is a listicle.
5 The title is “5 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep Better.” [TITLE]
Keywords are: newborn, baby, sleeping, rest, guide
Writing the blog -Prepare the outline
An outline is a blueprint of your blog post. It helps you to organize your thoughts and write a well-structured article.
Here are some tips for how to write an outline:
- Brainstorm the idea and create an outline based on the content you want to cover
- Research the topic you will be writing about
- Outline what points you want to make, how they relate to each other, and how they will be structured
- Figure out what your thesis statement is going to be before you start writing
- Create a list of sub-points that go into detail about each point in your outline
- Add any supporting details or anecdotes that will help make your points clear
- Create an introduction using a “Hook”
Content for Search Engine Results
It’s important that you’re aware of the SEO factors. This includes keyword research, on-page optimization, and off-page optimization while creating content.
Search engines must be confident that your article is what their client is seeking. If not, why would they send them there?
Original, quality content that is authentic is most likely to please potential visitors. And the search engines. [More about SEO can be found Here]
Key Points to consider
Write a strong conclusion with a CTA
In this blog, I have discussed how [subject] can help [Client/Prospect] in their endeavours.
It is not a replacement for [Existing systems], but it provides assistance to them by getting rid of [this problem] and [improving X / Saving time/ saving money] at scale.
Call to Action
I hope that you have found this blog informative and helpful. If you have any thoughts or questions, please feel free to contact me.
Examples of Call to Action
- leave a comment,
- make a purchase,
- subscribe to your newsletter,
- to read a related post next
- Grammar, punctuation, passive voice, brain leaps etc
- Check for explanations/sources for your statements
- Check for superfluous details. (search for “and”)
- Check for “and”,” so” or “that” at the beginning of phrases.
- Check for consistency in the terms you’re using.
- Check for vague pronoun references (search for they, it, who,
- Check that your examples are specific
- Search for “so” and tidy up the phrase if used to explain something in a long-phrase
- Check for switching viewpoints (your vs. our, reader vs. website
- Search for “(” and see if what’s in parentheses needs to be a separate idea/paragraph
- Check for mind leaps
- Check if for appropriate opt-in offers and internal linking options,
- Choose 1 category and add all relevant tags,
- Write SEO title + description,
- Write social media title + description,
- Create a featured image that fits the dimensions of your theme specifications,
- Resize images for social media,
- Reduce image with automatic image reduction,
- Add feature image,
- Prepare social media messages announcing a new post
Publish to the World
What to do after publishing-Promote
How to Promote Your Blog
Repurpose your content.
Build links to your site.
Share your blog on social media.
Answer questions on Quora.
Post on subreddits.
Reach out to influencers
Time to get started on your own creation. Start producing valuable information for your
clients and prospects.
This will enhance your authority and position you as an expert in your field.
We have a free Template download for you below.